Corporate Accountant private equity - #483010
Marks Sattin recruitment
A well established private equity investment manager have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Corporate Accountant to join the business on a contract basis.
This is a standalone role with broad responsibility for accounting for the management company and the key internal stakeholders would include the CFO, head of fund finance and partner.
It's a very nice working environment with hybrid working practices (in the office 3 days a week, 2 from home), based in a central London location.
- Managing the end to end process of month end accounting and reporting, ensuring all journals have been processed including accruals, prepayments and GP expenses.
- Preparation of the monthly Management Accounts including detailed commentary of variances to budgets/ plans etc all circulated on a timely basis
- Production of annual financial statements, including supporting audit schedules, working closely with the company's auditors to ensure accounts are signed on time
- Oversight of bank accounts, liquidity management and cashflow forecasting to include rolling 6 month cash flow forecasts and evaluation against regulatory capital requirements
- Management of accounts payable process through purchase order/invoicing approvals and payment of invoices
- Preparation of the 3 year forecast and current year budget
- Quarterly VAT returns and also the Annual Corporation Tax returns for the Group including liaising with the firm's tad advisers
- FCA quarterly reporting for the regulated entities in conjunction with guidance provided by the head of compliance
- Ad hoc projects as directed from time to time
- You must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA) with at least 5 years' PQE
- Have experience of working in a similar environment (alternative investments) and general accounting skills
- Be confident, a strong communicator and a self-starter equally happy to work independently as well as being part of a larger finance function
Duration: 6 months contract with possibility of going permanent thereafter
Salary: £65,000-£80,000 depending on experience + Bonus + Benefits