Security & Risk Analysis - Risk Assessment Team Leader - #484542
House of Commons UK Parliament
Band / Grade
£50,870 per annum
Full Time/Job Share
Starting at 30 days per annum, pro-rata
Civil Service Pension Scheme
21st August 2022 at 23:55
Interview Dates TBC
House of Commons Benefits and Support (3) (1).pdf
The Parliamentary Security Department (PSD) is responsible for physical and personnel security across both Houses of Parliament and provides support to Members and staff when away from the Estate. Its purpose is to keep Parliament safe and open for business.
The Security Information and Risk Analysis Service (SIRAS) is a new team which will receive, store, analyse and disseminate information about threats to MPs and wider Parliament, and use this information to drive structured and bespoke risk analyses on the risks to Parliament and its people.
The post holder will report to the Head of SIRAS will support the initial establishment of and manage the team which uses SIRAS’ information holdings to conduct structured and bespoke risk assessments for Parliament and its Members (the ‘Joint Parliamentary Risk Assessment Hub’ (JoPRAH) process). The team schedules the meetings, ensures relevant data is available, facilitates the discussion, writes up the outcomes and tracks implementation of agreed risk mitigations. The team will also evolve and improve the JoPRAH process as new information streams come online and/or as new threats and risks are identified.
Some key responsibilities of this post include;
- Acting as secretary to the JoPRAH process, capturing risk assessment decisions and taking note of agreed mitigations (including responsible party and timescales for delivery).
- Considering (approved and compliant) external dissemination and sharing of JoPRAH information to inform other departments and processes. Agrees process and permissions for any sharing identified.
- Responsible for reviewing, refining and optimising the JoPRAH risk assessment process, to ensure all relevant risk factors are taken into account, weighted appropriately, and produce an assessment which reflects a comprehensive picture of risks to MPs and Parliament. Designs and implements required changes to the JoPRAH framework as required and in consultation with partners (PLaIT in particular).
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience of running risk assessment or similar processes in a security environment, ensuring inputs are weighted appropriately, outputs are meaningful and drive mitigation activity, and outcomes are effectively communicated to stakeholders.
- Leadership and people management skills. Experience of setting realistic objectives, monitoring performance, giving feedback and supporting development. Ability to build new teams and motivate and work successfully within a team, whilst upholding the values of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent relationship and partnership building skills, with experience of multi-agency or cross-departmental collaboration on security matters, especially with Police or government. Experience of influencing and persuading stakeholders to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Strong organisational and process management skills with ability to manage multiple conflicting workstreams. Able to establish and run efficient and sustainable processes, track multiple information flows effectively, and ensure information is captured and managed effectively.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, confident when creating, adjusting and operating complex spreadsheets using multiple functions. In possession of, or willingness to learn, advanced Excel skills (visual basic, integration with other Microsoft tools, etc).
In addition to your salary, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year).
- Civil Service Pension scheme.
- Access to training and development.
- Flexible working.
- Interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience relating to the criteria on the Job Description.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the Job Description.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.