Clinical Fellow - Head & Neck OMFS - #484544
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description
- Eligible for Full registration with GMC
- Eligible for full registration with GDC
- BDS or equivalent dental qualification
- MBBS or equivalent qualification
- MRCS/FRCS or AFRCS or equivalent postgraduate diploma
- FDS/FFD FCS or FDS/MFD RCS or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in maxillofacial surgery (FY1+2 competencies or equivalent
- Competence in clinical skills relevant to maxillo-facial training
- Experience at SpR level or equivalent
- Experience in other related specialties
- • ATLS/APLS/ • ALS or equivalent
Clinical Skills and Knowledge
- Commitment to personal and professional development in maxillofacial surgery
- Demonstrable interest in and understanding of maxillofacial surgery
- Competent to work without direct supervision where appropriate
- Clear logical thinking showing an analytical/scientific approach
- Understanding of clinical risk management
- Knowledge of evidence informed practice
- Extra-curricular activities and achievements relevant to maxillofacial surgery
- Demonstrates breadth of experience and awareness in and outside specialty
Clinical Governance Audit and IT
- Good understanding of hospital clinical date repositories and adequate IT skills to support your work
We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation or is disadvantaged by requirements that cannot be justified.
UCLH recognises the benefits of flexible working for staff and has a dedicated policy which allows staff to apply for flexible working right from the beginning of employment. For more information please go to: https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/work-with-us/why-choose-uclh/flexible-working.
We offer our permanent staff an interest free season ticket loan for travel, all our staff have access to free independent and confidential support, large retail discounts, a staff discount platform, cycle to work scheme and on-site accommodation to name a few.
Additionally, UCLH Arts and Heritage’s staff wellbeing programme, Creative Comfort, offers a variety of ways to engage with the arts as a member of UCLH staff. You can try out the weekly choir, weekly art club and join the Culture Club for exclusive access to free and discounted tickets for opera, exhibitions, theatre and more.
We recognise, reward and thank colleagues by nominating them for our annual Celebrating Excellence Awards, which are funded by UCLH Charity.
We are also members of www.mytrustbenefits.co.uk/ which offers discounts on high street retail stores, offers on travel deals, and also to take advantage of cash back schemes.
This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. You are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be via email. The emails will be sent to you via TRAC.jobs and not via NHS Jobs, we encourage you to check your inbox regularly.
Please note that if you are at present in a training position on the 2016 new junior doctor’s contract and are applying for a Trust doctor role your salary will not be pay protected.
You will be placed on the appropriate point of the Trust Doctor pay scale based on your previous experience.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date of the advert to assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
The Trust uses electronic new starter forms on Trac to collect personal details. Information collected is securely stored and used to set up the employee record on the ESR HR system
Employer certification / accreditation badges
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.