Sous Chef - #510674
Wahaca is the leading Mexican restaurant in the UK and winners of Deliveroo's Best Mexican Restaurant as well as being the UK's most Sustainable Restaurant Group! We are deeply values driven and anyone joining us would be humble, wanting to learn with a fun and positive attitude.
With all our food cooked from scratch we pride ourselves on our authentic Mexican flavours, our unique relaxing surroundings! With exciting times ahead, this is your chance to get involved in a fantastic brand! If you want to be part of our future, we would love to hear from you.
What you can expect from us:
- A company who are passionate about sustainability and believe good food literally doesn't have to 'cost the earth'
- Milestone benefits including paid sabbaticals for some well earned time off
- Be inspired and visit Mexico after 2 years with us
- Free nutritious food from the menu every time you're on shift
- 70% off food when you dine with us plus 3 friends! (at all Wahaca and DF Tacos, any day and time of the week)
- Opportunity to take part in our very own MasterChef
- Industry leading training and development - including accredited leadership programme
- Reward and recognition (we love to celebrate everything!)
- Lots of socials with your team AND the whole company at our annual 'Fiestaval'!
- Earn up to £1000 (depending on position) through our Refer a Friend Scheme
- An external confidential dedicated Employee Helpline available 24/7
We are looking for:
- Strong communicator with teams and naturally leads from the front
- Ability to deal with positive pressure constructively
- An appetite to learn and grow their skills
- Someone who takes real pride in everything they do, setting the standard for others
- Someone who is always looking for ways to get and do things better
As a business still driven by its founders Thomasina Miers (Masterchef winner) and Mark Selby, we are deeply values driven and anyone joining us would be humble, wanting to learn, positive and most importantly keen to drive fun through our teams and guests. Working with several UK charities and EDNICA, a charity helping street children in Mexico City, we spread our passion for our planet and looking after each other, whilst sharing our love for Mexican Street Food!