Head Chef - #510687
Wahaca is the leading Mexican restaurant in the UK and winners of Deliveroo's Best Mexican Restaurant as well as being the UK's most Sustainable Restaurant Group! We are deeply values driven and anyone joining us would be humble, wanting to learn with a fun and positive attitude. We are looking for a hands-on, passionate and experienced Head Chef to join the team.
With all our food cooked from scratch we pride ourselves on our authentic Mexican flavours, our unique relaxing surroundings! With exciting times ahead, this is your chance to get involved in a fantastic brand! If you want to be part of our future, we would love to hear from you.
As a Head Chef at Wahaca you will:
- Display excellent communication skills and promote communication within your teams.
- Lead by example in everything you do!
- Inspire your team to have fun and achieve great results!
- Work closely with the General Manager, treating it like your very own business.
- Work hard and celebrate successes.
- Display high standards and take pride in your work.
- Think Positively, look for opportunities and have a can-do attitude.
What you can expect from us:
- A company who are passionate about sustainability and believe good food literally doesn't have to 'cost the earth'
- Join our Founders on an inspirational trip to Mexico after a year in your role as Head Chef
- Milestone benefits including paid sabbaticals for some well earned time off
- Free nutritious food from the menu every time you're on shift
- 70% off food, 50% off drinks when you dine with us plus 3 friends! (at all Wahaca and DF Tacos, any day and time of the week)
- Opportunity to take part in our very own MasterChef competition
- Industry leading training and development programmes - including Mental Health training for all management.
- Reward and recognition (we love to celebrate everything! Work anniversary's, birthdays and hard work)
- Experience lead bonus scheme - we are committed to looking after our teams and guests
- Lots of socials with your team AND the whole company at our annual 'Fiestaval'!
- Earn up to £1000 (depending on position) through our Refer a Friend Scheme
- An external confidential dedicated Employee Helpline available 24/7
As a business still driven by its founders Thomasina Miers (Masterchef winner) and Mark Selby, we are deeply values driven and anyone joining us would be humble, wanting to learn, positive and most importantly keen to drive fun through our teams and guests. Working with several UK charities and EDNICA, a charity helping street children in Mexico City, we spread our passion for our planet and looking after each other, whilst sharing our love for Mexican Street Food!